Riverside Truck Accident Lawyer
Large commercial trucks are often 20-30 times the weight of a passenger vehicle–meaning that even in ideal conditions, it can take a standard, fully loaded tractor-trailer about 525 feet (roughly the length of two football fields) to come to a complete stop from a speed of 65 miles per hour. Between their remarkable size and weight, it is not uncommon for these trucks to cause devastating injuries when they are involved in an accident.
Trucking accidents are far more complicated than traditional motor vehicle accidents due to the severity of injuries, state and federal regulations, and liable parties. The nationally recognized injury attorneys with Younglove Law Group have helped numerous Californians pursue their truck accident claims and can help guide you through the process from beginning to end.
Types of Injuries Truck Accident Victims May Suffer in Riverside, California
Suppose you or someone you care about has been injured in a truck accident in Riverside, California. In that case, a Younglove Law Group attorney can formulate a strong claim for compensation for damages suffered for injuries such as:
- Broken bones
- Eye injuries
- Hazardous substance or chemical exposure
- Internal organ damage
- Loss of limb
- Neck injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Seat belt injuries
- Severe burns
- Soft tissue injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
Once we have learned a few details about your case, our award-winning attorneys can formulate a solid strategy for your truck accident claim in Riverside.
Safety Regulations for Commercial Truck Drivers in Riverside, California
Truckers are held to a higher standard when it comes to performing their duties. Every truck driver is required to obey all road rules and follow all federal regulations concerning the safe operation of their vehicles, which include limits to how many hours they can work at a time.
Operators of large commercial vehicles and the companies that employ them could be found liable for a collision if they are proven to have violated any Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations, such as:
- Abiding by hours of service (HOS) standards
- Ceasing operation of the truck when their alertness is impaired (whether by alcohol, drug use, illness, fatigue, or anything else that could affect their job duties)
- Following all state and federal regulations for truck drivers
- Not exceeding posted speed limits
- Ensuring that their payloads are adequately secured
- Notifying their employer of any previous convictions they may have (such as traffic violations, driver’s license suspensions or revocations)
- Not driving a vehicle that is unsafe or in a condition that could result in a breakdown or cause an accident
- Using extreme caution in adverse weather or roadway conditions
- Following appropriate safety procedures for the transportation of dangerous goods
Suffering an injury because a truck driver has failed to meet these safety regulations should merit legal action. However, the truck industry is powerful, and those within the business will do everything possible to manipulate the story to suggest that the victim was to blame for a crash. For this reason, it is crucial to have an attorney on your side to level the playing field and fight for what is fair.
Speak with a Skilled Personal Injury Lawyer About Your Riverside Truck Accident Claim
Younglove Law Group’s personal injury litigation team has successfully recovered over $40 million for victims who have suffered catastrophic accidents and families who have had to bear the death of a loved one.
Our nationally recognized personal injury attorneys have helped countless victims in California recover compensation for their trucking crash claims, and we are eager to help you with yours. Don’t lose out on the compensation recovery you need for your injury expenses by trying to fight the big trucking companies alone. Call us today at (949) 691-3660 or send us a completed contact form to schedule a free consultation for your Riverside, California truck accident claim.