Riverside Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
There is no question why motorcycles are so popular in Southern California. Riverside and the surrounding areas boast year-round idyllic weather and numerous scenic drives just begging for a motorcycle trip. Although there is nothing quite like feeling the breeze whip against your face as you soak up the natural beauty of California, this leisurely activity has the potential to become deadly in the blink of an eye.
If you have lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, or if you have personally suffered an injury in a motorcycle crash, Younglove Law Group Personal Injury & Accident Attorneys may be able to help. An experienced personal injury lawyer can negotiate with any at-fault parties and their insurance companies to recover a fair settlement on your behalf.
Common Causes Of Motorcycle Accidents In Riverside, California
Motorcycles are much smaller than other vehicles, which leaves them more susceptible to going unnoticed by other drivers. A few of the more common causes of motorcycle accidents in Riverside include:
- Distracted driving. Eliminating distractions while driving helps keep drivers aware of their surroundings, any upcoming changes in the roadway, and any other unexpected incidents that could put people at risk, whether they are drivers, motorcyclists, passengers, or pedestrians.
- Failing to check twice. We have all probably heard the adage “look twice, save a life,” but drivers often forget to double-check for motorcycles before merging, turning, or making a lane change.
- Following too closely. Motorcycles weigh much less than the average vehicle, so they can slow down and come to a complete stop significantly faster than a car can. Drivers that fail to maintain adequate space between their vehicle and a motorcycle will not have enough time to slow or stop in an emergency.
- Drivers failing to adequately check blind spots. It is all too easy for a motorcycle to get lost in a vehicle’s blind spot since they are so much smaller than cars.
- Not exercising caution during a left turn. Since motorcycles are so much smaller than cars, it is considerably more difficult to judge their speed of travel. When making a left turn, always take the time to more accurately gauge how fast a motorcycle is traveling before performing a left turn in an intersection.
What would otherwise be a simple fender bender in an enclosed vehicle can result in a devastating wreck if a motorcycle is involved. Motorcycles do not have many of the safety features that benefit occupants of the average car, such as airbags, seatbelts, and even the vehicle’s durable outer shell.
Types Of Compensation Available For A Motorcycle Accident
If you or someone you care about has been injured in a motorcycle accident, you could be entitled to the following types of compensation for your losses:
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property loss
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages (as well as future lost income) and benefits
- Household out-of-pocket expenses
- Physical therapy
- Funeral costs
- Reconstructive surgery
- In-home rehabilitation
- Pain and suffering
- Change in lifestyle
- Loss of companionship
- Emotional distress
- Loss of personal enjoyment
Insurance adjusters put their company’s bottom line above the interests of claimants. An experienced motorcycle accident attorney can help protect your interests, communicate with all of the involved parties, and lead the negotiation process on your behalf.
Were You Injured In A Riverside Motorcycle Accident? Contact A California Injury Lawyer Today
At Younglove Law Group Personal Injury & Accident Attorneys, we are a compassionate team of personal injury attorneys dedicated to fighting for motorcycle accident victims and their loved ones. We always put our clients first and always make sure that our clients understand all of the processes and nuances involved in their claims.
We offer a free, no-obligation consultation to all of our injured clients and their families, so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by speaking with us. Call us today at (951) 356-9639 or submit a contact form to discuss your options with a trusted Riverside attorney. We are waiting for your call and are here to help you during your time of need.