Motorcycles offer drivers an exhilarating and scenic mode of transportation through the palm-studded streets of California. It has been reported that California has the highest number of registered motorcycles in the country. While riding a motorcycle can be exciting, this form of transportation can also be deadly.
Younglove Law Group is a team of skilled personal injury lawyers with experience helping clients build strong claims in California. To avoid a fatal motorcycle accident in California, there are several tips that may help you remain safe on the roads.
9 Tips to Stay Safe on a Motorcycle in California
Motorcycle accidents can be dangerous and even fatal in extreme cases. Due to the sheer size and mass of other motor vehicles, when a motorcycle is involved in an accident the driver may face damaging injuries due to the lack of protection provided by their motorcycle. To avoid getting into a fatal motorcycle accident in California, the following tips may help:
- Safety gear: It is recommended that motorcyclists always wear a helmet, gloves, and protective clothing.
- Increase visibility: Make sure other drivers can see you by using a headlight and wearing reflective clothing at night.
- Let other drivers know your intentions: Always signal your turns to other drivers and flash your brake lights when you plan to make a stop.
- Avoid weaving: Try to refrain from weaving in and out of lanes, especially during times of high traffic.
- Avoid lane splitting: Though some studies show lane splitting reduces certain types of traffic collisions for motorcyclists, it can be dangerous if a car does not see a motorcyclist and moves into another lane.
- Look for hazards: It is important for motorcycle drivers to be on the lookout for road hazards like debris or changing road conditions.
- Make sure you are trained: Riding a motorcycle is not as easy as it may look. It is important that a motorcyclist receives enough training in a safe environment before taking to the roads
- Do not speed: Avoid speeding through traffic as it may be difficult to stop the motorcycle or remain alert on the roads.
- Watch the weather: If there is heavy rain, sleet, or snow, it may be best to avoid riding a motorcycle that day.
Motorcycle accidents can happen when least expected and leave victims with deadly injuries. That is why it is crucial to do what you can to remain safe on the roads.
What Are Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries?
When a motorcycle accident occurs, victims may be left with life-altering injuries and a long road to recovery. Some of the most common motorcycle accident injuries are:
- Head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Back, neck, and spine injuries
- Severe burns
- Cuts and lacerations
- Internal injuries
- Broken or fractured bones
- Crushed limbs
- Loss of limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
If you or a loved one have been injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be owed compensation for the losses you have suffered. Some damages you may be eligible to collect include medical expenses, lost wages, lost earning potential, property damage, and pain and suffering. To get help with your motorcycle accident claim, contact an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer.
Get Help from a California Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you or a family member has been injured in a motorcycle accident as a result of another party’s negligence, you deserve to be compensated for your losses. To get help with your claim, contact a California motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Younglove Law Group is a personal injury law firm with experience helping clients who have been injured in motorcycle accidents in California. Our legal team provides clients with the award-winning representation they deserve. To schedule a free case review, contact us here or call (949) 691-3660.