Moreno Valley Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle accidents can be devastating, often resulting in serious injuries or, unfortunately, sometimes even death. Motorcycle accident injury lawyers are specialists in this area of personal injury law who specifically represent claimants who have been injured in these types of accidents. Below are the essentials of what you need to know if you have been involved in a motorcycle accident in Moreno Valley, California. If you have been injured in a Moreno Valley motorcycle accident, regardless of whether you have been placed at fault by the police, call Younglove Law Group today to speak with an experienced motorcycle accident attorney today.
Call (951) 356-9639 for a Free Consultation
SERVICE: Hundreds of 5-star client reviews.
RESULTS: We win 98% of our cases.
GUARANTEE: No fee until we win your case.
We are available 24/7. We care about your situation and want you to understand your legal options.
Motorcycle Accidents in Moreno Valley
Moreno Valley is a busy city in Riverside County, California, with a significant amount of traffic on its roads and highways. Unfortunately, this also means that motorcycle accidents are common in Moreno Valley. According to the California Highway Patrol, there were 115 motorcycle accidents in Moreno Valley in 2019, resulting in 6 fatalities and 119 injuries.
As a whole for Riverside County, according to the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), in 2019, there were a total of 277 motorcycle accident-related fatalities and injuries in Riverside County. This was a decrease from the previous year, which saw 316 motorcycle accident-related fatalities and injuries. However, these statistics only include reported accidents and injuries, and there may be additional unreported accidents or injuries that are not captured in these figures. It’s important to remember that even one motorcycle accident can have a significant impact on those involved and their families.
The Risks of Riding a Motorcycle in Moreno Valley
Riding a motorcycle can be an exhilarating experience, but it also comes with its own set of dangers:
- Motorcycles lack the protective features of a car, leaving riders exposed to the elements and more vulnerable in the event of a collision.
- Motorcycles are also smaller and harder to see than cars, increasing the risk of accidents caused by other drivers.
- In addition, motorcycles require a higher degree of skill and experience to operate safely, and riders must constantly be aware of their surroundings and be prepared to react quickly to avoid accidents.
All of these factors make motorcycle riding a potentially dangerous activity.
Common Injuries from Moreno Valley Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents can result in a wide range of injuries, some of which can be severe and life-altering. Here are some of the most common injuries suffered in motorcycle accidents:
- Fractured bones: Motorcycle accidents can result in fractures, especially in the extremities (arms, legs, and wrists). These injuries can be severe and may require surgery as well as a considerable recovery time.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI): TBI are some of the most common injuries suffered in motorcycle accidents. These injuries can range from minor concussions to severe traumatic brain injuries, which can have long-term effects on a person’s physical and cognitive abilities.
- Spinal injuries: Spinal injuries can occur when a motorcyclist is jettisoned from their motorcycle and impacted usually on their lumbar or cervical spine by another vehicle or the ground. Spinal injuries can vary widely, ranging in quick recovery times with little to no treatment required to complete paralysis with lifelong damage to a person’s mobility and quality of life.
- Lacerations: Motorcyclists often suffer severe cuts and road rash from being thrown from their bikes and sliding along the asphalt at high speeds. This can result in scarring.
- Emotional Distress: Motorcycle accidents can also cause significant emotional distress, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, and depression. These injuries can have long-lasting effects on a person’s mental health and may require therapy or other forms of treatment.
- Death: Due to the open nature of motorcycles, their riders are more prone to death than the operators of an automobile when involved in similar collisions.
How Long Do You Have to File a Moreno Valley Motorcycle Injury Claim?
In Moreno Valley, California, the statute of limitations for filing a motorcycle injury claim is generally two years from the date of the accident, as outlined in California Code of Civil Procedure section 335.1. This means you must file your claim within two years of the date of the accident, or you may lose your right to seek compensation for your injuries. It is important to note there may be certain circumstances that could affect the statute of limitations for your case. For example, if the accident involves a public entity, you may have a shorter time frame to file a claim with the appropriate entity to avoid being time-barred from filing a lawsuit.
The rules governing when you can file a Moreno Valley injury claim are complex, so it is always a good idea to consult with an experienced motorcycle accident attorney as soon as possible after an accident. The right attorney can help you understand your rights and legal options, navigate the complex legal process, and ensure that your claim is filed within the appropriate time frame. Waiting too long to take legal action can jeopardize your ability to seek compensation for your injuries, so it’s important to act quickly to protect your rights.
$1 Million Recovered - Inland Empire Car Accident
Our client was driving in the Inland Empire when a commercial defendant turned directly in front of him, causing him numerous severe injuries including a fractured femur. We obtained the defendant’s policy limits even though they disputed liability.
$850,000 Recovered - Inland Empire Truck Accident
Our client was rear-ended on a freeway near Rancho Cucamonga, suffering a low back injury which required surgery.
$750,000 Recovered - Inland Empire Semi Truck Accident
Our clients were stopped in a lane of a freeway in the Inland Empire at night when they were rear-ended by a semi truck, causing them to sustain severe injuries. We were able to recover the defendant trucking company’s full insurance policy limits.
Contact our Moreno Valley Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Today for a Free Case Evaluation
Motorcycle accident injury law in Moreno Valley, California, is a complex area of law that requires specialized knowledge and expertise. If you are involved in a motorcycle accident, it’s important to consult with an experienced attorney who understands the unique issues involved in these cases and can help you navigate the legal process. With the right legal representation, you can maximize your chances of recovering the compensation you deserve for your injuries and losses. It may or may not be a surprise to you, but police routinely place motorcycle riders at fault for accidents even when they should not. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident in Moreno Valley, call our Moreno Valley motorcycle accident lawyers today for a free and confidential consultation at 951-356-9639, or complete our contact form to get in touch.
Phil and Chloe really came to the rescue when I was struck by a driver on a rainy day in 2020. I was pretty shaken up by the whole experience and came to them pretty worried, but they were there to help every step of the way from collecting the witness statement to helping with doctors’ visits and dealing with insurance, etc. I’m pleased with the outcome and feel grateful for the support. I would recommend Phil and his team to anyone looking for honest and extremely efficient communication in a time of crisis!
Phil is amazing. Last year I had a pretty traumatic incident at a grocery store, and really had no idea what I was going to do. I had some doctor’s bills, had to take off of work, and got behind on a few things. I got in contact with Phil and the folks that he works with, and they literally walk me step by step through the whole process. It took a little while, but the patience definitely paid off. Phil is knowledgeable and definitely an excellent attorney. I would recommend him anytime.
I was in an accident in June 2019, and from the moment I called them I was immediately taken care of. They sent someone to my home (pre-pandemic), to take my statement and any photos I had. They constantly kept in contact, returned my calls in a timely manner, and it was absolutely amazing how well organized they are – so efficient! My attorney, Phil Younglove is fantastic! I was so pleased with my settlement, very happy. They’re an incredible team, and thanks to Chloe Hunt, who is also amazing.
Free Consultation 24/7
Younglove Law Group
11801 Pierce Street, Suite 265, Riverside, CA 92505
Phone: (951) 356-9639
Toll Free: (844) 810-1800