Even with the COVID-19 pandemic decreasing overall traffic, Los Angeles is still one of the most congested traffic areas in the nation. Residents and visitors alike constantly have to deal with congested areas and other dangers while driving in southern California. INRIX recently put a list of the 25 most congested roads in the United States in their Global Traffic Scorecard study. Four Los Angeles-area highways made this list, making the southern California area a dangerous area to drive.
While the pandemic continues to change how we commute to our daily activities, more and more people are returning to work in offices and companies. The risk of encountering dangerous drivers and situations while on these freeways is apparent and concerns many on the road. If you’re in an accident due to someone else’s negligence, contact a car accident attorney as soon as possible.
What Are the Four Most Congested Freeways in Southern California?
You can encounter a car accident anywhere, but you are more likely to in areas with an increased amount of traffic. Knowing where these roads are located can give you the option to reroute your trip or use caution. The following are the four freeways listed in the INRIX report:
- Interstate 5 Highway
- 605 Freeway
- I-10 East
- I-405 North Freeway
Take extra caution when you are driving on any of the above highways. However, if you find yourself in a dangerous situation on one of these dangerous roads, contact a car accident lawyer as soon as possible. They will be able to help you navigate the medical and legal process of your claim.
5 Ways to Handle Driving on Congested Freeways
Congested roads are not just an inconvenience; they pose a significant risk for the wellbeing of anyone on the road. Even the safest drivers can suffer severe injuries in an accident on a congested freeway. There are a few ways you can reduce your likelihood of suffering a car accident, including:
- Stay Calm: It’s hard not to feel anxious when surrounded by cars but keeping a level head and focusing on the road can significantly help you in traffic.
- Maintain a Safe Distance: Having space between you and the car in front of you can give you time to stop if there are sudden breaks or something unexpected occurs.
- Keep Your Eyes on the Road: While you may be tempted to change the radio or check your messages, the safest thing you can do is to keep your eyes on the road.
- Avoid Aggressive Drivers: You may be able to control your own actions, but not the actions of others. Letting someone showing aggressive behavior pass you can help you reduce the risk of an accident.
- Take a Different Route: If you are uncomfortable driving highly congested areas, look for other routes that limit or stop you from driving on these freeways.
Car accidents can cause severe injuries for anyone involved and can restrict you from performing your daily activities. When you suffer harm due to another person’s carelessness, you have the right to seek compensation for your losses.
Find an Experienced California Car Accident Lawyer at Younglove Law Group
Younglove Law Group understands the challenges you can face in the aftermath of a car accident. With years of experience advocating for our clients’ rights, we can confidently say we will do everything in our power to recover the compensation you deserve. Our team of lawyers has recovered over $40 million in jury verdicts and settlements. We are proud to represent those within our communities.
For more information about how our team can help or to schedule a free consultation, call (949) 691-3660 or fill out our contact form.