Fireworks shows are a popular way for people to celebrate holidays or special occasions. From children to adults, everyone can enjoy a good fireworks show. While fireworks can be beautiful to look at, they can also be highly dangerous if handled negligently. If you have been injured in a fireworks accident, it is imperative that you understand who is liable so you can pursue compensation by filing a personal injury claim.
Younglove Law Group is a California personal injury law firm with experience helping clients who have been injured in fireworks accidents understand their legal options in regards to getting justice for their losses. In California, there are several parties who can possibly be held liable for your injuries in a fireworks accident, and our goal is to help you determine the liable party so you can pursue the fair compensation you deserve.
Who Is Responsible for a Fireworks Accident in California?
Whether you were watching a fireworks display on The Fourth of July or at a wedding, if you suffered an injury as a result of a negligent party not handling fireworks safely, you might have the grounds to file a personal injury claim and seek damages. The parties who are potentially liable for your fireworks accident include the following:
- An Individual: If you are watching a fireworks display and are injured by fireworks that you were not handling, you may have the grounds to file a claim against the person who was handling the fireworks that caused the accident.
- The Fireworks’ Manufacturer: If you can provide evidence that the fireworks that caused your accident were defective, you can hold the manufacturer accountable for your injuries and losses.
- The City: If you were watching a fireworks show that was put on by the city or a government entity, you may be able to pursue legal action if they acted negligently or hired a person who was not properly qualified to be handling fireworks.
In order to hold any party liable for a fireworks accident in California, you must be able to prove the elements of negligence in your personal injury claim.
How Can You Prove the Elements of Negligence After a Fireworks Accident?
After a fireworks accident occurs, your personal injury lawyer can help you conduct an investigation to identify who is liable for your injuries and losses. After this investigation concludes and the liable party is identified, you must provide evidence of the elements of negligence in order to pursue compensation. The four elements of negligence are as follows:
- The liable party owed you a duty of care
- The liable party breached this duty of care
- The breach in duty of care led to your injury
- The injury you suffered resulted in losses
If you are unsure of how you can provide evidence of the four elements of negligence, a California personal injury lawyer will help.
Contact a California Fireworks Accident Lawyer Today
When watching a fireworks show, the last thing you would think is that you could be injured in a serious accident. Unfortunately, this is the case for many fireworks onlookers. If you have been injured in a fireworks accident, you can pursue compensation for damages like medical expenses, lost wages, or pain and suffering by filing a personal injury claim.
Younglove Law Group is proud to offer clients the experience necessary to help victims of fireworks accidents in California. Our top-rated legal team provides our clients with the personalized representation needed to build a strong claim. Schedule a free case review with one of our trusted personal injury lawyers today by contacting us here or calling (949) 691-3660.