Believe it or not, even low impact car crashes can lead to injuries that prompt chronic pain and prevent you from living life to the fullest. If you experienced a low impact car crash in California recently, you might want to see a doctor just to make sure you did not sustain injuries. If you do find that you suffered an injury, you may be able to seek compensation with the help of an attorney. When it comes to low impact crashes, however, it may be more challenging to prove your injuries through the personal injury claims process. A skilled personal injury lawyer with Younglove Law Group may be able to protect your interests and help you seek fair compensation.
What is Considered a Low Impact Car Crash?
Low impact car accidents occur when vehicles collide while traveling at slow speeds. Often, the resulting property damage is limited to dents and scratches. Most commonly, these accidents are referred to as “fender-benders.” In some cases, drivers and passengers may sustain injuries in these seemingly minor crashes.
Injuries You Could Sustain in a Low Impact Car Crash
Many low impact car crashes result in little to no damage to vehicles or drivers and passengers; however, while damage to vehicles might be minor, victims can still sustain life-changing medical conditions. Some common injuries after a low impact car accident include:
- Whiplash. This injury is caused when the neck moves back and forth rapidly during a collision. Common symptoms include neck pain, headaches, blurred vision, and memory problems—all of which can take months or in some cases, years to resolve.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI). TBIs occur when a crash causes a dramatic jolt to the head, or the brain is penetrated by an object—such as a windshield. TBIs can cause lack of mobility, restricted vision, memory loss, and other brain-related issues.
- Back pain. Most commonly, low-impact crashes cause herniated discs, which occur when the discs that cushion the vertebrae are damaged. As a result, people affected can struggle with back and leg pain.
Remember, these are just some of the more common types of injuries you could sustain in a low impact collision. If you have developed any medical conditions as a result of a car accident—no matter how “minor” the injury or accident may seem—it is important to work with a personal injury attorney to obtain a favorable outcome regarding your claim.
Damages That May Be Recovered after a Low Impact Crash
There are several types of damages you can seek when pursuing a low impact accident claim. Among the primary losses you will sustain when you are injured as a result of a low impact crash is medical expenses.
Injuries from a fender-bender could be as minor as a few bruises or as severe as a traumatic brain injury (TBI). To complicate matters further, many injuries associated with low impact accidents—such as whiplash—may not present immediate symptoms. If you are involved in any kind of car accident, it is essential to undergo a thorough medical examination as soon as possible—even if you do not feel any obvious signs of injury or pain.
Some examples of medical expenses you may be able to recover when you work with an injury attorney include:
- The costs of physical therapy
- The costs of medical appointments
- The costs of appointments with specialists
- The costs of your initial hospital visit
- Emergency room and ambulance expenses
- Medical equipment you may need to recover
- The cost of psychological therapy
- All past, present, and future medical expenses due to the accident
In addition to medical expenses, you may also be able to recover funds for property damage and emotional pain and suffering. The best way to ensure all your damages are accounted for is to work with a skilled personal injury lawyer.
Contact the Car Accident Attorneys at Younglove Law Group Today
In the aftermath of a car accident, it is easy to feel overwhelmed with stress. However, seeing a doctor in a timely manner will not only assess any potential injuries, but also ensure you have the proper documentation to support your claim. Working with a skilled car accident lawyer in California as soon as possible after the crash is the best way to ensure you take critical steps for your protection.
At Younglove Law Group, we are proud to offer quality legal representation to individuals who have suffered injuries from car accidents in California. Our Newport Beach law firm focuses exclusively on personal injury cases and specializes in claims involving catastrophic and fatal injuries. Our attorneys take a client-focused approach to our cases, always ensuring our clients feel prioritized and heard. Call our top-rated car accident lawyers at (844) 810-1800 or fill out our online contact form for a free and confidential consultation.